Tender: Provision Of Marketing, Advertising, PR Services & Corporate Communications for SAIMI
The service provider will be expected to provide a comprehensive, integrated strategy and action plan, for marketing, advertising, PR services and communication to grow the SAIMI brand – positioning SAIMI in the national, continental and international markets as a key player in the maritime sector, profiling SAIMI’s role and impact to key target audiences, and supporting stakeholder relationship-building.
Key deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications Strategy
- Corporate identity
- Visual identity
- Advertising/Media planning
- PR planning
CLOSING DATE: 26 November 2019DOWNLOAD TENDER DOCUMENT
4th International School in Marine Biology
The Summer School is aimed at Masters and PhD students from the Southern African region interested in marine biology.
The objective is to highlight advances in Marine Biology. The School will run seminars on current issues in marine biology, including marine biotechnology and novel approaches, such as genomics, post-genomics and bio-informatics.
Costs for accommodation and food will be covered by the Daniel Jouvance Foundation.
CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2019ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Nature’s Valley Trust - Call for funding
The Nature’s Valley Trust (NVT) is providing small grants to deserving projects within the Bitou Municipal Region (Plettenberg Bay and surrounds).
A grant can range from R5 000 to R50 000, and we need to fund at least 7 projects next year, as part of the Table Mountain Fund Small Grant Program. We are now receiving applications for projects covering the following topics:
1) Reduce waste to landfill through community based recycling or awareness initiatives.
2) Improve home-based community food generation through community based food security initiatives, establishing groups that grow and market high quality organic vegetables.
3) Development of community eco-venture enterprises, specifically around hiking, trail-running and mountain biking, especially in coastal areas.
4) Alleviating high levels of dog breeding and associated animal welfare (and ecological issues) through dog sterilisation and education programs in local communities.
5) Improved management of local coastal and marine biodiversity through revision, education and enforcement of key municipal by-laws that are causing issues with the public.
CLOSING DATE: 22 November 2019APPLICATION FORM
Call for content developers (authors) for an Education Resource Book
The Sustainable Seas Trust (SST) is developing an Education Resource Book to contribute to ‘Towards Zero Plastics to the Seas of Africa’.
SST and its African Marine Waste Network are calling upon experts in the following topics:
• the Circular Economy
• the Recycling Industry
• the effectiveness of legislation and policies in reducing plastic pollution
• consumer behaviour and its role in plastic pollution
• extended producer responsibility (EPR)
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2019ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
IOI-SA Course in Ocean Governance for Africa
The Course in Ocean Governance for Africa is an annual course run in Cape Town in association with our course partners, SANBI and SAIMI.
The next course will run from the 2nd – 27th September 2019. Applications are closed.
Applications for the 2020 course will open in January 2020.
PhD Opportunity in Germany
PhD opportunity (sediment/ancient DNA) on South African and German joint project to identify changes in aquatic ecosystems over time to defines its natural variability in the past as reference condition and relates the condition of the present ecosystem to it.
Offered by SPACES, TRACES, DAAD. The funding will include:
* PhD salary (up to 36 to 48 months) to cover the personal living expenses in Germany
* subsidized health insurance fees in Germany
* limited travel money.
Work at the Universities of Greifswald and Potsdam.
CLOSING DATE: No closing date indicated, open until filled.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Competition seeking solutions on tackling marine plastic pollution in SA
As part of the Commonwealth Litter Programme (CLiP), there is a competition to seek innovative STEM solutions and ideas on tackling plastic pollution, with ideas contributing to the CLiP Innovation Conference in Cape Town in December 2019 and the overall winner going to the London CLiP conference in March 2020.
There are 5 categories in the compeition:
Design – Technology or Technical; Product; Adult Inspire (art); Youth Inspire (art) and Special Recognition Award for Action, with various prizes.
CLOSING DATE: 08 November 2019ADDITONAL INFORMATION
Abstract submission date extended for IIOSC-2020
International Indian Ocean Science Conference (IIOSC) | 16-20 March 2020 | Goa, India
This is to inform you that last date for submission of abstracts is extended to 15 November, 2019 and abstracts are being submitted.
You are invited to submit abstracts relevant to Indian Ocean for scientific sessions spread over 14 themes (https://iiosc2020.incois.gov.in/IIOSC2020/TechnicalSessions.jsp).
Papers/abstracts highlighting societal relevance of the research work are encouraged. The abstracts/papers should be submitted online at this below link:
Please visit https://iiosc2020.incois.gov.in/ for latest updates on the programme, accommodation, visa information etc.
If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2019
SAEON Postdoctoral Position
SAEON is seeking to appoint a postdoctoral researcher to develop a data assimilative model to better resolve and understand features on the Agulhas Bank.
CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until the position is filled.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
High Voltage Training (STCW A – III/I)
This course covers the High Voltage requirements as laid out in the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), Manila amendments and is approved South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA).
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Understand and apply fundamental electrical engineering theory and principals relating to HV
• Understand the dangers associated with HV including arch-flash & electric shock and take appropriate measures to reduce the likelihood for such events
• Apply steps & procedures for working on HV equipment including Risk Assessment, Permit-To-Work, Sanction-To-Test and Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO)
DURATION: 3 Days
COST: R7500 incl.MORE INFORMATION & COURSE SCHEDULE
Chick rearing internship
The Seabird Chick Rearing internship has been developed to equip you with chick husbandry skills and egg management skills for a career in captive breeding or seabird chick rearing. The Seabird Chick Rearing internship is not as physically demanding as the other seabird internship programmes, however, you need to be focussed, self-motivated, compassionate, and highly observant. Be aware that the environment you will work in is quiet and solitary by nature.MORE INFORMATION